Symes Engineering Limited is a family run company which was established in July 1999, it is run by Chris and Caroline Symes, who are brother and sister.
In 1914 J H Symes was established by their great Grandfather Joseph Symes originally a blacksmith he owned the local Forge in Micheldever. When Joseph retired George and Harry Symes who were brothers took over the business and the company was renamed Symes Bros, George and Harry decided to diversify into agricultural engineering as well as maintaining being blacksmiths, and started fabricating and erecting steel frame buildings.
In 1980 Hugh Symes took over the family business from Harry, as George had passed some years earlier and renamed the company G H Symes & Son. The company ceased doing blacksmith’s work and focused instead on farm maintenance, welding, fabrication and grain installation works. Chris and Caroline joined G H Symes & Son, Chris working alongside his father, working on site and quoting and obtaining contracts and Caroline taking over the administration and financial side of the business.
Hugh decided to semi-
Over the years the company has grown, Chris and Caroline offer a personal and friendly service to all of their clients, they pride themselves with the knowledge that their work is done to the highest of standards.
Please take a look at the projects pages on this website to see the before and after photographs of contracts that the company has carried out.